Many of us get into the Sedona Method/Release Technique so we can become more effective at getting what we want and along the way we become happier, have more peace of mind and develop a greater sense of being connected to all of life.
However we can also get caught up in the busyness of getting what we want out there in the world and lose sight of the source of our happiness. In fact, we might even develop habits of thinking that guarantee unhappiness.
Here are some ways we typically make ourselves unhappy...
1. We make a decision we will only be happy when we achieve a goal
2. We decide that we will only be happy when we have the perfect relationship
3. We expect to be happy one day when there are no more problems to deal with.
4. We wait until we look and feel fabulous before we will be happy.
If you`ll look more closely at these erroneous decisions and choices you`ll see there is a fear behind them all. And that`s the fear that being happy will stop us from having what we want.
It goes like this, "if I`m happy why would I do anything about getting into shape? If I was completely happy I`d have no reason to go to work and be successful!"
In other words we think we`d live in a state of apathy. Not so. Happiness is right at the top of the scale of emotions, its above AGFLAP and belongs in CAP. When you feel happy and energetic you`ll want to be active, you`ll want to create and you`ll be very effective at whatever you set your mind to.
What can you do now to be happy today?
1. Release on happiness, let go of wanting happiness by using Attachments/Aversions, Advantages/Disadvantages or Likes/Dislikes.
2. See that all your goals have the same underlying goal - the desire for happiness
3. Release on your goals with an emphasis on having step one in place - decide you want happiness more than you want the goal.
4. Moment to moment during the day, when people or situations provoke AGFLAP, ask yourself: could you decide you want happiness more than you want to hold onto this feeling? Do that constantly and you`ll be lighter, freer and happier.
5. Decide to choose happiness over lacking approval, control and security. The following questions are useful to play with to encourage deep releasing.
- Could you decide that you want happiness more than you want to hold onto lacking approval?
- Could you decide that you want happiness more than you want to hold onto lacking control?
- Could you decide that you want happiness more than you want to hold onto lacking security?
Happiness is not a state of mind we can postpone and get one day, that itself is a decision to keep it in the future. If you want to be happier right now then use releasing firstly as a tool to become happy and secondly as a tool to get what you want in the world. Ironically, that`s when you`ll be much more care free and much more successful at getting what you want.